Thursday, December 30, 2010

December Movie Reviews

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 : I was a bit afraid I would not like this one much because everybody kept talking about how dark it is and I do not usually like dark movies. But I think this would have to be one of my favorite of the Harry Potter series. Yes, it is dark, but the dark side of the movie is balanced out by the humor they add. Speaking of which, the humor in the movie is excellent. I laughed so much at some of the hilarious parts. It does leave you wanting more at the end, but how could it not, considering it is part 1?   LOVED IT!

The Chronicals of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader : If you have seen the other two Narnia movies, you must see this one as well. It wasn't my favorite one of the series, but it was still very enjoyable. My main complaint with the movie was the story telling part of it. They kind of condensed everything and the movie felt very rushed. There were elements in the story that could have been drawn out a lot more. Other than that, I felt the acting was decent, as well as the casting. As for seeing it in 3D...DON'T waste your money. It was not made for 3D at all and many scenes were too blurry for me.

Tangled : Anyone that knows me well, knows I am not a super huge Disney fan. As a kid, I liked some of their movies, but I was not the kid who wanted to own them all and watch them over and over (the Disney video games were more entertaining for me). So when I said I wanted to see this, my husband was a bit surprised. Everyone who had seen Tangled loved it though, so I had to give it a shot. The movie started out a bit slow, at least for the other people I sat with. But once the movie started picking up more, we all enjoyed it. The music was a bit churchy and sappy but still good. The story was super cute and fit in well with the other princess Disney movies. The characters were very well done. And the animation was great. I recommend this to anyone who loves a cute classic Disney movie, and to anybody looking for a clean movie to take the kids too. I think this will be a must own for many families.

No comments:

Post a Comment