Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I Did It!

I have finally given in to Goodreads.   There were three main reasons I was avoiding it:

1.  Yet another website to waste time on.  I already read too many blogs, spend too much time on Pinterest and Facebook.  Did I really need to waste time on Goodreads?

2.  I was keeping track of what I read on a Facebook app that ended up shutting down.  I didn't find out soon enough to export my data.  I was a bit bitter about it and decided the best thing for me to do would be to keep track of my reading in a notebook.

3.  I hate to rate things.  I really like things, I like things, or I don't like things.  The whole 5 stars rating system is too much for me.

But I gave in after all because I would like to know what my friends are reading and it seems like a good place to find new reads.  I still hate to review books and rate them but will try.

Feel free to follow me if you would like.  If you have any questions about a specific book I have read and/or are trying to figure out if you should read it, please don't hesitate to shoot me a message.


No comments:

Post a Comment