Friday, December 18, 2009

Politics

I had decided to keep this blog separated from my other love: politics. I have another blog for that part of my life. No need to make people read about my politic beliefs unless they soo choose by reading my politic blog. But let me share a few things.

I am a bit too lazy for politics, but I do love it when my blood boils because of the idiocy of other people. When my blood boils because people are giving me their opinions when its clear they have no idea what they are talking about. When my blood boils because it's clear politics has become more about following the crowd and being hip than about thinking clearly about whats right and moral.

I love it when I work for a campaign and that candidate wins. When poll results are coming in and the election is tight. When you can feel your heart beating rapidly while you wait to see the results.

But there is a lot about politics I hate. I hate how it makes people mean, rude, and obnoxious. I hate how people disrespect their country. I hate how this country is too lazy to vote. I hate how so many politicians are immoral and corrupt, yet I also hate how we often forget to look past that and remember the good politicians out there. I hate everything that makes my blood boil, even though I love it when my blood boils. I hate how politics and the news can be so depressing that you literally have to stop indulging in it. And I hate when people don't respect or can't be friends with someone just because their social and political views are different.

But the reason this all comes to mind is because of one phrase I read today. It is "Women are not incubators." So to keep this blog still a bit absent from my political views all I'm going to say is that I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE THAT QUOTE!!!! But it makes my blood boil and that part of it I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment