Sunday, June 2, 2013

My Life In Letters

Dear Baby,

You are full term now so technically you could come any day now.  I beg of you though, please stay in for at least another week or two.  I would really really appreciate it.  Moving so many times these past months has made it really hard to feel prepared for you and I have so many things I would still like to get done before you come.

At the same time, we can't wait to meet you.  I am dying to know how much you weigh.  No one believes I am due soon because apparently I am too small, but according to the doctors, you are not small at all.  It will be a big surprise either way and your mommy sure does love surprises!  Usually that is!

Love you so much already,

Sincerely,

Your Very Unprepared and Inexperienced Mommy


Dear Trader Joe's,

How can you not be in Hawaii?  Do you not realize how badly this island wants and needs you?  How much I miss you?

I might have to become a Whole Foods shopaholic in your absence but my hubby and wallet probably will not appreciate that.  So please, I beg of you, come!  If Whole Foods can do it and have such delicious varieties of food, so can you.  Then my family and friends won't be forced to bring me your items every time they come visit.

It's a win win for everyone!

Sincerely,

Your Not So Happy Ex Customer


Dear Olive Garden, 

Your moving here in 2015 better not be a lie.  End of story!

Sincerely,

Starving For Olive Garden


Dear Chick-fil-A, 

I have no hope of you moving here.  I really do understand your concerns, but if you ever change you mind,  I will love you that much more.

Sincerely,

Needing Your Chicken Tenders

P.S. You are missed here so much, people actually bring you back from the mainland.  For some reason I find this hilarious, until I realize how much I want you.  Then I only wish I were so brave.  But chicken sitting on a plane for 6+ hours.  I just don't know....


Dear Chipotle,

Any chance of you moving here?  Any, at all?

Sincerely,

Hopefully For a Burrito Bowl


Dear Ikea, 

I could really use you right now.  Furniture shopping here really stinks big time.

Sincerely,

Feeling Not So Inspired Right Now


Dear Greek Yogurt, 

Breakfast was really good.  You and I might be able to form a relationship after all.  I know, I know, you never thought you would see the day.

Sincerely,

Not Typically a Yogurt Fan


Dear Dryer, 

When I said I was going to wish for all my appliances to break so we could get updated ones, I didn't mean the week I moved in.  Apparently, you were extra exuberant in fulfilling my wishes.  Because you listened to me so well, I can almost forgive you for burning some of my clothes.  Almost!  But not quite!  I think an apology might be in order from you.

Sincerely,

So Glad I Accidentally Ended Up With Two Air Drying Racks


No comments:

Post a Comment