Wednesday, June 16, 2010

More Recipes

I made this recipe today. I thought it turned out pretty well. My only complaint was that it tasted a bit too peanut butterish for me. Next time I think I would make sure to balance the soy sauce and the peanut butter a bit more. But that might just be personal preference. I would not recommend this for someone who is highly sensitive to hot foods. If you like a bit of heat but not a lot, adjust the hot sauce accordingly. I have used the hot sauce for years and it's more definitely hot.

I also made this one today for Jon's lunch tomorrow. It's my second time around doing it and I mainly just used the leftover ingredients from the first time. We both really liked this recipe and it's pretty darn easy.

I made this one last Saturday. It was pretty darn simple and Jon loved it more than I thought he would. If you have leftover ham this would be a great way to use it. The only thing I would change for next time is rather then pouring the sauce on, I would use a brush and brush it on. The reason for this is when you pour it on it can get on the sides and on the bottom of the role and make it soggy. I hate soggy bread. Jon didn't seem to mind though. I have no other complaints besides that though so I will probably make this again.

P.S. I told Jon tonight how I have learned tons about fruits and vegetables since getting married. Mainly, I have learned how fast they go bad. Like the watermelon I bought. For some reason I had this notion that watermelon lasts a long time if you don't cut it open. That is not true. It didn't even make it 9 days :(. Oh well. You live, you learn. Oh and I also learned that it is never a good idea to buy 7 different types of fruit in one week, especially when you husband doesn't eat much of it. I just need to remember: just because it sounds good doesn't mean I should buy it.

1 comment: