Monday, January 20, 2014

BOFM365




One of my goals this year is to improve my spiritual studies.  Some years I am better than others, but it is something I have wanted to work on for a while.  No more delays!  I am grateful that I found a tool to help motivate and remind me daily - BOFM365.  It is an Instagram account that tells you daily what versus to read, with the end goal that its followers, thanks to the daily reminder, will read the whole Book of Mormon in a year.  I actually just read the whole book a little over a year ago but I love the idea of doing it again, taking it slow, and doing it with hundreds of other Mormons.  My absolute favorite part is reading peoples' comments afterwards.  A prompt is given each day and the discussion that follows is often enlightening, thought provoking, and encouraging.  I have even gone as far as to write some of the comments down so that I have them to ponder on again in the future.  Because the scriptures are being split up across the whole year, the daily reading is small, which is great for people who struggle finding the time to read.  It's also a great start to a longer study session.  Basically, what I am saying is, everyone should consider participating, by yourself, with a friend, or with your family.  And if you don't have Instagram, they are also on Facebook, so no excuses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment