Saturday, January 4, 2014

Thanksgiving Part 2


The Sunday before Thanksgiving, the little one and I flew to Utah to spend some time with my family.  It was a last minute decision and I was and still am grateful that I was able to go, even if the trip ended up different than expected.

Thanksgiving day was spent with my immediate family at my Grandma's old house.   She has now moved in with my uncle and was sadly not able to join us.  My uncle's family was going to have Thanksgiving on Saturday and I was going to join so I could celebrate with her but I ended up getting sick and didn't want to spread it among the old and the young alike.  We had a wonderful meal though and the day was thoroughly enjoyed even if I had already begun to feel ill.

Side note: The turkey for this part of my Thanksgiving was cooked in a big slow cooker made for large cuts of meat and it was just as good as the imu.  I am already planning to purchase one when I leave Hawaii.

The rest of the trip was spent just relaxing with the family with a quick stop at the temple and a visit with an old friend.  It seems that every time I go to Utah my list of things to do gets ignored because I am not feeling well (I was prego last trip).  Someday I will accomplish this list of things to see, food to eat, and people to see.

Utah had a huge snow storm the day I was suppose to leave and on the way to the airport we got in an accident.  I did not see anyway I could make my flight on time and the agent said I would have to spend more than $500 to get a new ticket which stressed me out.  Thankfully, while I was crying helplessly, my brother found a taxi driver who said he might be able to get us there in time.  I thought this guy was a bit full of it and didn't see how it would work out, but the guy did get us there and there were no lines at the airport so we made our flight home.  I was so grateful as taking care of the little one without the hubby was wearing on me.

One of many naps taken in peoples' laps.

Wearing a coat, something we don't need in Hawaii.  

Chipotle!  Come to Hawaii!

The nice china out for Thanksgiving. 

\
Our names made out of chocolate - a cute idea by my sister-in-law. 

Chilling with one of his aunts. 

Introducing him to the snow. 

Snow is a no go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment