Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day


I'm currently 34 weeks pregnant.  So crazy!  It almost feels like the baby could be here any day now but luckily (crossing fingers) we should have a bit more time to move into our permanent place and finish getting ready for his arrival.  So much to do, so little time.

It feels weird celebrating Mother's Day but I know next year it's going to be an even weirder and more wonderful experience.  Life sure does fly by.  I can't mentally get used to it.

I am incredibly grateful for my mom as well as all of the other woman who have influenced me throughout my life.  Motherhood can not be easy (I am slightly...more like incredibly scared) and it takes an incredible amount of sacrifice.  I am glad I have such wonderful role models to look up too.

As for the lei I am wearing, it's my first time receiving one so of course I had to document it.  I know it looks a bit broken but I was actually instructed to cut it in half.  Apparently it is bad luck for a pregnant woman to wear a lei that is a complete circle.  My OCD mocked me a bit but I didn't want to wish any bad luck on myself so I obeyed.

Shout out to my husband.  He cooked me breakfast and dinner (veggie enchiladas) and both were yummy.  Plus he did the dishes.  I felt incredibly spoiled.

To any mothers reading this:  I hope you were spoiled as well, or at least got some time to rest and relax.  You may not always feel amazing and incredible, but I promise you that you are.  Happy Mother's Day!

P.S. It is my best friend Jocelyn's birthday so I wanted to give a shout out to her.  She is such an incredible woman who has had to go through much more than any one person should ever have to go through.  She has been such a blessing to me and I couldn't ask for a better friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment