Sunday, February 13, 2011

Atlas Shrugged Movie

Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged has been on my list of books to read for a while now. The only reason I haven't read it yet is due to its length. It is a lengthy book.

Today I found out that they will be releasing a movie version of it this year. While I expect the book will be better, this movie will hold me over until I have a chance to read it.




The preview isn't amazing.  The book is about government, business, and innovation. They are heavy subjects and perhaps a bit boring for the normal person. And the preview doesn't really hide that. But despite that, or maybe becasue of that, I am excited for its release and I feel like it has the potential to be a great movie. I just hope it gets picked up for distribution and that they get the financing to make the second and third film. Because no, you can't fit this book into one film. It would be like trying to fit the last Harry Potter book into one film.

No matter what happens though, I am ready to cut people slack on this one, because I can't imagine that it is an easy book to try and turn into a film. If it turns out to be a mediocre film, I will just be happy that they tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment