Thursday, February 24, 2011

Miracles in Time of Distress

There is so much going on right now in the US and world wide. A lot of it includes violence, death, and destruction. But during this time, there are still so many miracles to be found.

This week an earthquake hit New Zealand. So much has been going on that many people still aren't aware it happened. I was extremely concerned when I found out. My sister-in-law is from New Zealand and all her family still lives there. Thankfully, they don't live in that area, and the few family members that were in that area visiting are safe.

Little did I know at the time, that a family friend was also traveling over there. And her hotel was in the area that was hit. Miraculously her itinerary had taken her elsewhere when the earth quake hit. Could she have been safe if it hadn't? Perhaps, but probably not. Her hotel was completely demolished in the earthquake. She is an amazing woman and I am so thankful the Lord saw fit to spare her.

My heart goes out to everyone, in New Zealand and around the world, who is suffering right now. I hope things begin to get better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment