Thursday, July 14, 2011

Non-Profit Organization : Operation Shower

I thought I would highlight a group whose activities I have been following for a while. Operation Shower is a nonprofit group whose mission is to throw baby showers for military wives whose husbands are deployed and who more than likely have no family in the area. Woman who may not have a baby shower if not for Operation Shower. Click here for more on their mission.

No one enters civil service jobs to make loads of money, especially those who decide to sacrifice much and serve our country. If these woman aren't in need of money, they are definitely in need of all the support, friendship, and love they can get. I don't know how I would make it if my husband was gone for months on end, especially being pregnant. I love the idea of Operation Shower and think they do an excellent job.




As you can see from the pictures above they don't mess around and throw the best possible baby showers they can. And they are able to succeed through the generous donations of individuals and companies (small and large). And these donations aren't just monetary, but also include time, talent, and goods. They have several areas in which they accept volunteers and have made it effortless for you to donate. Plus, for all you woman who, like me, love to shop for baby items, they have set up their own Amazon Wish List. Just click and buy and the items will be sent directly to them. How easy is that?

I hope you will at least check them out.

And if you have any nonprofit organizations you would like to tell me about, please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment