Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Few Good Recipes From Around the Web

Just a few recipes from around the web that we (or in some cases, just me) have enjoyed recently:
1.  Loaded Baked Potato & Chicken Casserole: from Blabbering Thoughts The hubby and I really enjoyed this.  Because I lack most spices right now (can't wait until they arrive), I used fresh garlic with the potatoes instead of using garlic powder, and I used cayenne red pepper instead of paprika.  I also used white onions in addition to the green onions which gave it a little extra something.  I will be making this again very soon. 

2. Southwestern Black Bean Salad: from Snack The Planet.  I made this to go with tortilla chips the night we had hamburgers.  It was delicious, especially as leftovers.  I used can corn, white onion, and subbed the chili powder for cayenne red pepper.  I don't think the spice was necessarily needed.  It would have been just as good with more lime.  So yummy and so easy to make. 

3. Shredded Brussels Sprouts: from allrecipes.com.  I didn't shred the sprouts, just halved them.  I skipped the pine nuts because I lacked them and because of personal preference.  This dish was so delicious.  It has to be my favorite Brussels sprouts recipe of all time.  I originally picked it because of the ingredients I happened to have on hand and because it doesn't call for the use of balsamic vinegar, which many Brussels sprouts recipes do.  So glad I gave it a try.  I didn't miss the balsamic vinegar at all, in fact, I preferred its absence.  And no, I did not make all 2 lbs of the dish, though I did have that many sprouts on hand. I thought it would be too much for just one person but this dish did make great leftovers so I probably should have just gone ahead with the full recipe.  

I think I am finally understanding the bacon obsession people have.  BACON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment