Thursday, January 15, 2009

An old blog posting titled "What is Love"

After telling my coworker a story about my ex boyfriend (maybe ill tell the story later) he said, "just out of curiosity, what do you mean when you do tell someone you love them? or rather what does the word "love" mean to you when it comes to saying "I love you." I said i was not exactly sure but im sure i will know when i feel it. But i know its an emotional closeness that i can not share with most people. My fav. quote about love is one from the Bible. It says:

"Love is always patient and kind; it is never jealous, love is never boastful or conceited; it is never rude or selfish; it does not take offense, and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people’s sins but delights in the truth; it is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes. Love does not come to an end."

Another is by Roy Croft. It says:

"I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out."

The last one is one that my coworker sent me forever ago and i found it on my phone today. It states:

"Every instance of heartbreaks can teach us powerful lessons about creating the kind of love we really want."

And im pretty sure no one can exactly explain to me what love is because its so personal and abstract. I think love is something special. Its something that should not be played aruond with. But i also know i can have different degrees of love for different people. I can love my fellow human beings. I can love my friends. But that love i feel for the someone special will be bigger and better. Love is something i have felt to some degree but that i hope to feel to the extreme some day. For now all i want is for no one to ever tell me they love me unless they mean it.

February 25:

I am newly into this band called nightwish. Its wierd bc i usually do not like rock bands like this but something about their music gets me. Anyways they have this song called While Your Lips are still Red. The lyrics go like this:
Sweet little words made for silence
Not talk
Young heart for love
Not heartache
Dark hair for catching the wind
Not to veil the sight of a cold world

Kiss while your lips are still red
While he's still silent
Rest while bosom is still untouched, unveiled
hold another hand while the hand's still without a tool
Drown into eyes while they're still blind
Love while the night still hides the withering dawn

First day of love never comes back
A passionate hour´s never are wasted wrong
The violin, the poet´s hand
Every thawing heart plays your theme with care

Kiss while your lips are still red
While he's still silent
Rest while bosom is still untouched, unveiled
hold another hand while the hand's still without a tool
Drown into eyes while they're still blind
Love while the night still hides the withering dawn

Apprently the title of the song refers to the color of lips as one dies. It basically says to Kiss while you still can. Kind of morbid but interesting. Im to tired to think about this anymore, but perhaps ill have some interesting thought about this later.

Note on Jan 15th 2009 : perhaps ill update this now that i have more experience in that field.

No comments:

Post a Comment