Sunday, April 28, 2013

Our Camera Issues

We have a pretty good camera.  It's better than a point and shoot but not as good as one where you can switch lenses and what not.  It is great for people who know a little about cameras but aren't seriously into photography.  Problem is we just use ours on auto and unless its scenery, we often end up with mediocre pictures.  This year, 3 years after we bought this camera, I am determined to learn how to use it on its other settings.  Maybe the fact that I am about to have a baby is why I am now motivated, or maybe it's the price we paid for this little gadget.  If we continue to stick to auto, why didn't we just save ourselves some money and buy a cheaper point and shoot?

Anyways, we went to check out another beach last night and took some time to practice.  We got lots of blurry shots but also some that I like.

 The Good

But certainly not perfect!





The Bad & The Ugly


We sometimes get these white dots that appear in our pictures.  No one can figure out what they are.  One professional camera guy said he could take the camera apart and clean it to see if that would help but didn't seem confident it would.  I didn't want to spend tons of money for that not to work.  It's a bit hard to see in this picture, but there is a large white dot by Jon's face.  Boo!


I totally got white washed out here.  Not sure what setting the camera was on at that moment but it certainly didn't do anything for me.


Our camera is known for being better with scenery than people, but it certainly shouldn't have this hard of a time stabilizing motion.  I think we have the biggest problem with this on our manual setting.  I need to figure out why.


The hills look awesome but again with the blurry husband.  I believe this was on the manual setting as well.


There are so many things wrong with this picture including the white dots that are all over the picture.  Sigh!


I obviously have a lot of work ahead of me.  Maybe by the time our camera dies or we have a billion kids (which ever comes first), our pictures will be a bit better than they are now.  Maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment