Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Social Issues to Consider

I would not consider myself a feminist by any measure, or at least not by today's scale. In fact, I think many aspects of feminism have been taken to the extreme. But that doesn't mean I don't believe women have rights and that I don't feel strongly on some social issues dealing with women. Because I do.

My friend Sally shared the article, Marry-Or Else, on facebook and I felt the need to pass it on. We in the U.S. sometimes forget that some of the problems women face in the Middle East also occur on our soil. We forget because the problems occur on such a small scale with limited to no impact on us, making it easy to ignore and forget. But that doesn't make the problems any less important. These problems include slavery, forced marriage, and honor killings. All wrong, and all still occurring around the world.

Do educate yourself and if you feel like you can help, act now! And if you know of a way we can help, please do share.

Words in red have links attached. 

No comments:

Post a Comment