Thursday, August 27, 2009

"The purpose of fun is to have it."

My best friend Amanda is going back to school on Saturday so we hung out yesterday evening. I have been a really bad friend as of late but hopefully that's semi expected of engaged people. But I do still feel bad.

One of the things we did was get Chinese food. Which may not seem like a big deal but I love Asian food. A lot! And Jon not so much so. And I feel bad making him go so whenever I can get it with girlfriends I am overjoyed. It was delicious. After we stuffed ourselves, we met up with Jon and decided to relive our past. Before Jon and I dated we used to spend our summers chilling with Amanda. An event that would occur each summer is we would just go out and about at night and take pictures at random places. We have about ran out of places nearby but we were able to fine a few locations last night, mainly a fountain and a park. It was fun. An example of pictures we would and did take are below.


Now I am not telling you all this because I think you care that we went out and did something so childish. I am telling you this because that night as Jon is leaving he says "you were a lot of fun tonight." And as it got me thinking I realized something. I have become way good at chilling and relaxing lately in between all the planning and other life events going on. But I have not been that good about just having plain old fun. I almost feel like I don't know how to have fun anymore. I'm no longer good at just sitting down and having a silly conversation. Or going out and doing nothing but still having the best time ever. And that's not a good thing. But last night gave me a bit of hope. So it is my goal from here on out to try and have more fun and to be more fun. Even if it means I have to schedule myself to have fun. Sounds weird but maybe it would work....possibly. Anyways, I think this goal will improve my life, my emotions, and my relationships.

So here is to having fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment