Friday, March 19, 2010

At Least There Are No Ants In My Pants

I have decided today that it is unfortunate for me that ants don't have a larger brain and have no sense of survival of the fittest or of danger.

I cooked chili today for dinner and because it was a slow cooked meal I started it around 1 p.m. That's when I noticed that there was one too many ants crawling around and called Jon over so he could figure out what was going on. That's when we had the joy of realizing that the ants were crawling all over the wall,. counter, and window. EWW!!

We killed them all and deep cleaned that side of the counter (it had been covered in bags of bread and snacks). But typical of ants, their family/relatives/friends/tribe kept following them into our kitchen just to be met with death. Why don't they have some mechanism that they can make a noise with to warn their family/relatives/friends/tribe? Well, needless to say, the situation has greatly improved but every once in a while we have to go over and kill the handful more that have ventured in.

So our grand Friday night activity was to go to Walmart to buy Raid. Raid meant especially to keep those little black pests away from our kitchen so I can cook in peace.

You know that strange feeling you get that bugs are crawling on you? I have most definitely been experiencing that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment