Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Start of Christmas Season

I am extremely excited that it is the start of Christmas season. In fact, the other day we went to the store and I got so excited when I saw all the Christmas stuff. But then I remembered that we had no room for Christmas decore this year. So rather than get totally depressed, I bought tons of cute gift tags. Too many in fact. Oh well. It made me happy. Now to find my Nsync Christmas cd.

So to officially start off the Christmas season on my blog, I wanted to share with you a book that I just finished reading last night.

The Christmas Promise is a story about an older woman who learns to deal with the pain of a runaway child by giving to the poor and needy. It is Christmas season and she is gearing up for holiday season by getting together gift bags for the poor. But little does she know that her life is about to change forever through encounters with her unfriendly neighbor, a little boy whose mother she helps out, and a new young man who just moved into town to work security at the local department store.

The Christmas Promise is a heartwarming story about love, service, and learning to walk in other people's shoes before you judge them. It is a very quick read and might be a great way for you to kick off the holiday season.

Today I am thankful for books. Reading books is one of my few hobbies.

No comments:

Post a Comment