Tuesday, November 9, 2010

To Be or Not To Be

Man is fond of counting his troubles, but he does not count his joys. If he counted them up as he ought to, he would see that every lot has enough happiness provided for it. ~Fyodor Dostoevsky 
I adapt alright to change but I still hate it. And I have been having a bit of a hard time lately because everything in my life has changed at once. I moved. I got a job after not having one for 9 months. And we  moved to a different ward at church (if you don't know what I mean by that just ask). Not to mention a few other life decisions I have been trying to make.

I have freaked out quite a few times this week. And today at church I skipped one of my meetings because I just couldn't handle introducing myself to so many new people when I was in a down mood. Instead I went and read my scriptures and listened to my old ward's sacrament meeting (again if you need clarification on what this is,  just ask).

I know it is lame and that I should take everything in stride and stop feeling sorry for myself, but sometimes I can't, and other times I won't.

Someone said something in sacrament today. Something about not being down and depressed about life because we have so much to be thankful for.

I know they are right. And I know I need to be happier and more thankful for what I do have. But sometimes it is just hard.

So in an effort to remind myself of all the reasons I have to be happy, I am going to take something that my friends are doing on facebook and do it on my blog. I would like to post something I am thankful for every day for the rest of November.

Today I am thankful for the times I enjoy my own cooking. And even more thankful that my husband enjoys my cooking almost all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment