Friday, August 12, 2011

How Do You Respond In Awkward Situations?

This week has been filled with some awkward moments.

The first being when I saw my friends mom for a few minutes one evening. She brought up my sister-in-law who recently had a baby and had started trying to conceive right after getting married. She then congratulated me on withstanding the pressure in my church to have kids. Congratulating me on waiting until I wanted kids and not having them right after I got married just to fit in with the culture of my religion. All fine and dandy except for I have been trying for a while now to get pregnant. And began to wish for a baby within the first year of our marriage (which was actually a surprise to myself and my husband). I would give anything to be pregnant now. I am not to the point of being emotional about it at all. I have more emotional things going on my life and I haven't been trying long enough to feel that I have any sort of problem. But I still want to be and it is very important to me so I didn't know how to respond to her comments.

Then....

The next day I am at work and my male coworker was talking to me about my hair. I was saying how I just wanted it long. He then says, "But I thought you cut it because you hated it long." I replied "I did but now I want it long again. I change my mind about it all the time." His response was something along the lines of:"Well its a good thing you didn't change your mind about getting married." WHAT THE HECK!!! Thankfully we were interrupted at that point in the conversation.

Lets not even mention all the clumsy moments I've been having. 

No comments:

Post a Comment